Below is a report from our missionaries in Tanzania about our partnership with World Vision.
This is the report on the Three month Follow Up after conducting the 5 day event in which Sunday school leaders are trained to lead successful clubs whereby they teach boys and girls to know, love and serve Jesus Christ.
In this meeting we take time to listen from Multipliers about their ministries during three months after Seed Planters training.
I had time to listen to their testimonies and stories.
Participants had time to share their experience and challenges as well.
It is interesting to see that the number of parents interested and the number of kids increased from 811 (before starting Awana) to 1,601 after three months (or 790 new kids joined clubs).
From the classes held: 35 multipliers from 33 churches attended, and from among them, 31 started clubs.
Group discussion questions administered during training:
1.Please tell your success story and blessings as a result of your experience in your ministry.
2. Please explain challenges or barriers faced in your ministry.
3. What was the contribution of Awana material in your ministry?
4. How can World Vision Tanzania and Awana Tanzania do better to improve the coming events so as to help you reach more kids and their parents in your community?
The majority of participants had in common some comments such as:
Quick success and increase of kids.
Spiritual growth observed.
Support from parents.
Interest in Children ministry by parents and church leaders.
Quick understanding shown by kids who attend Awana clubs.
Confidence in memorizing and reciting memory verses.
- Praise God that many pastors accept the Ministry and prove their supports.
- Praise Him that Children in rural area are reached by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- That parents are reported to support multipliers in most of churches.
- That Children are excited and are ready for spiritual growth.
- That children from non Christian families attend Awana regularly.
- God to raise more volunteers,
- That God may open more doors to have additional bibles to support children from non Christian
Families or those incapable of buying bibles.
– Maintain sound partnership between World Vision Tanzania and Awana International Tanzania.
Awana Missionary Tanzania